Tips On How To Surf This Blog...


The "RECENTS POSTS" section guides you through all the different available ITEMS UP FOR TRADE on this site.
Use the "SEARCH THIS BLOG" bar if you're looking for A SPECIFIC ITEM.
Use the "VIDEOS SECTION" to watch PREVIEWS of some of the items.
The "BLOG ARCHIVE" section makes it possible to read EARLIER POSTS about other "gingery" subjects that are not otherwise listed.
Use the "GINGERY LINKS" section to join the GINGER COMMUNITY on FACEBOOK.
SUBSCRIBE to my 2 YouTube CHANNELS to be NOTIFY when a NEW VIDEO is uploaded... Enjoy your visite!



Monday, April 30, 2012

1 Year Anniversary, New channel, Hello Dolly! video and update on Hat Check Girl!




                            Hello Everybody   -  As it already been a year!



Well,  The  Corner  is   celebrating  it's  1st  anniversary   this
week. I  can't  believe  it's  already  been  a  year! I  started this
blog  on  hope  and  more  or  less 50 items. And look at it now!
I  never  expected  that  so  many of you would answer my call. 
And I would like to take a moment and THANK EVERYONE
of you for your interest and contribution in making this
blog a success! 
  
" And a  Special Thank You to those of you who went out
of their ways to help me find certain items or contributated
                                                                    to the high cost of their transfer... "





What a better way to celebrate an anniversary than to expended!
Yes, The Corner now has a  2nd  YouTube Channel - "Ginger
Peachy too". And  for the kick off - a new audio recording of 
Ginger in "Hello, Dolly!".  

Be  sure to  subscribe to  that channel too because there is  plenty
more a-coming!   Here's the link: 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4Kukhk3QWsTPPqqx69h7hA?feature=watch

 The  recording  of  "Hello, Dolly!", of all the items I have digged up
in the last year is by far the most amazing - at  least for me! So I thought I'd share it with you. I
hope you'll enjoy it!



The question everybody asked me in the last year was:
"Do you have Hat Check Girl!?"  Well... No!  And it's not
because I didn't try!  There isn't  many options left  for
a copy of  HCG  to resurfaced - but there is still hope

Althought.  I  didn't   put  my  hand  on  any   physical   copy
HCG, I  did  found along the way someone with " the powers
that  be "  to  hear  my  plea.  All  I  can  say  for  now  is  that
                                                                           something great's brewing. And althought it's not wonderful
news like we could all soon own our personnal copy of HCG,  it's  great  news because at lease we
might just finally get to see it! And that for me, it is great news!



Well, that sums up about everything.
Have a good weekend everybody!

KiG - Peachy 


7 comments:

Gingerfan11 said...

Yay Happy Birthday to the Trade Corner!!! :D

Ooh, well that's somewhat good news about Hat Check Girl. Hopefully that time will get here. If on the downside, we would just have to deal a lost Ginger film like other people have deal with of their favorite stars. BUT us Gingerologists must never lose hope until it's a fact!

KIG Molly

VKMfanHuey said...

...nice to know there's a glimmer of hope... I've heard a few folks say they know of someone who are related to a guy who works with the cousin of the potential owner of a possible copy of HGC... :-) ...so, who knows... I just am bumfuzzled that studios didn't keep copies of ALL of their films, and transferred then over time... guess they never thought they would disintegrate, and probably thought nobody would care 70 years later...dang it!

But yes, Gingerologists are overall VERY fortunate that all but one of her 'full-length' films are 'existing' in some form or another... other stars have numerous films that are lost forever... ...which reminds me...Molly! Have you any leads on the two 'shorts' Ginger made in 29 which aren't known at present - Campus Sweethearts and A Day of a Man of Affairs? Those two would just be aweSOME as well!!!

I'm off to check out the youTube areas...I'm also going to 'link' ALL pertinent GingerYouTube 'channels on the blog, for easy access...

Oh, yes...Happy First Blogiversary, MB!!!

K-I-G!!!

Hu
---

Ginger Peachy said...

Guys, I'm sorry but I disagree with you. :) No Ginger movies are going to disappear - not while I'm around!

If this first step gets completed successfully than it's just an invitation to keep knocking on doors until the next step is in motion! :) Like most things in life, it's just a matter of talking to the right person at the right time. We will get to see HCG, we just have to be patient - and work at it!

But we are lucky as you both said that only one of Ginger's movies when missing over the years.

The problem with FOX's archives is that they had a huge warehouse fire in 1937 (nitrate being very flammable) and they lost 2/3 of their inventory. Also let's not forget that it cost around $35 000 to tranfert one nitrate print. No wonder the studios mostly only bother with the classics!

As for the shorts, I have located a copy of "Day", but I don't have access to it - yet! As for "Campus", I haven't done any research yet!

Huey - be a dear and link my YouTube channels, please! ;)
"Ginger Peachy me"
"and
"Ginger Peachy too"


Have a good day, y'all!

KiG - Molly

VKMfanHuey said...

...will do, MB! Well, hopefully tomorrow... I'm always a bit tenative to do any 'changes' after 10 pm or so... just worried I'll mess up something... but more stuff is imminent for G-ology, soon...

Keep scouring the globe for Gingery Goodness, MB!!! If we all do our part, maybe we can have a comprehensive catalog of GingerMedia set for future generations...

KIG!

Hu
---

Ginger Peachy said...

" Keep scouring the globe for Gingery Goodness, MB!!! If we all do our part, maybe we can have a comprehensive catalog of GingerMedia set for future generations... "

I like the way you think, Hu! :)
Thank you for YT Channel!
Keep up the good work at G-ology!

You know, if one day all of us we were to unify - between Vivian's bio, Ginger's Corner's pictures, your reviews and news updates and my catalogue, we would be the best Ginger website on the web! :)

KiG - Molly

Gingerfan11 said...

That would be awesome if all of us came together to make this one gigantic Ginger website.

Although it's pretty sad that a fanbase website would be better than the actual official Ginger Rogers website......

Ginger Peachy said...

I agree on both counts GF!But it would still be awesome! :)